Friday, February 27, 2009

Farewell Namibia...

In a few short days, I will be boarding a plane back to America. Due to medical issues that cannot be treated in Namibia, I am being medically separated from the Peace Corps. (And don't worry, I am going to be just fine, physically.) I realize this is a tremendous shock. It is for me. But, it is what I must do and life moves on and its important to adjust. In the meantime, I am trying to soak in the last week with the people who have become my family over the past 15 months. I will write more about my final days here when I have had some time to reflect.

All the best from Namibia, my home.

A picture days before I departed the U.S.

A picture from my last day in Lusese.

3 comments:

everyone said...

Tina, I hope you do not have anything serious. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I mailed something for your students last week from your aunt and cousins(the lop sided family tree). I hope they still can receive and enjoy the contents of the package.
Fred

Randy and Christine said...

Best wishes to you! Get well soon...and if you're ever in Abu Dhabi (or Dubai), you have a place to crash!

Anonymous said...

oh no! all the best for a quick recovery! caprivi is having its way with PCVs...
-Annie